Saw this over at Warseer and posting it here. Remember the people who took his class previously liked it alot.
Jeremie Bonamant Teboul is putting together some painting class in San Francisco Bay Area. Jeremie, aka Bragon (on Cool Mini or Not), won over 40 golden deamons including 3 Slayer Swords, Best of Show for GenCon, and Best of Show for ReaperCon.
We have two painting classes:
Painting Class 1 (Beginner to Advance) – From Saturday, April 6th through Sunday, April 7th. Classes run for about 10-12 hours per day. Basically whole day Saturday/Sunday till my buddy, Bill, gets tired and kick us all out of his house.
There is also a potential chance to host a class in the Los Angeles/Orange County area if we get enough interest in it. The date for this class would be the weekend of April 13-14. If anybody is interested in attending please let me know because if we don't get enough people interested then it wont happen.
The class is divide it in four parts: preparation, technique, light and color
• Flash removal, filing, Miliput juice, bubble filling, pinning, gluing
• Wet palette, base and flat colors, dilution and color schemes
• Zenithal lighting theory and application, highlights and shading, blending, glaze, wash, inking, varnishing, paint pulling
• Color theory and application of enhanced highlights, focal point notions
• And of course the work specific to each miniature: flesh, skin, metals (NMM and TMP), gems, leather, jewels, freehand, faces and clothes
Painting Class 2 (Intermediate to Advance) – From Tuesday, April 9th - Thusday, April 11th
Classes run for about 4 hours in the evening.
The class is organize by the folowing
• Theory: Composition, dramatization, narration, color and lighting ambiance.
• Practice: Boulders, earth, trunks, natural and artificial vegetation, flocking, roots, herbs, mud, water, snow, ice, pigments, grease, powders, marble
Classes are limited to 10 student max, based on Jeremie’s request. He wants to have an intimate painting environment. Also, Jeremie will provide you with a CD copy of his own reference material that he collected.
The cost for Painting Class 1 is $110 and Painting Class 2 is $95. If you are going to both, the cost is $185. We have tried to keep the cost low…so this is not a money making venture for both of us. Keep in mind, Jeremie is flying from France!
The classes depend on the students’ level…no two classes are ever the same. Honestly, based on my own personal experience, you can watch as many painting DVD as you want, read as many article as you want but the quickest way to learn how to paint miniature is by hands on.
As an added bonus, Jeremie will be bringing those beautifully painted miniature for you to drool!!! And if he is nice enough,you get to peek at his work in progress for the next competition…. =-)
So email me if you are interested. Spot will be secured with a full deposit via paypal. Deposit is 100% refundable before March 18th. Thanks for reading.
Contact me at:
The Black TyrantMember Since 17 May 2007
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 01:11 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 536
- Profile Views 2,286
- Member Title Primi Ordines
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown