Hope you all had fun
Game Empire San Diego
7051 Clairemont Mesa BLVD ste 306
San Diego, CA 92111
Sign Ups and Payment
Signups for the GT will be available Wednesday 2/22/2012 5:30 PM.
You can sign-up at the front desk at Game Empire or call 858-576-1525
If you call to sign up you must pay at Game Empire San Diego.
Payment must be received by May 1st 2012 or you will forfeit your spot.
All rounds are 2 hours with 15 minutes between rounds.
40K Day 1: Saturday June 2nd.
- 8:30 AM Check In.
- 9:00 AM Round 1 40K GT Mission-Dawn of War Deployment
- 11:15 AM Round 2 40K GT Mission-Spearhead Deployment
- 1:15 PM Lunch
- 1:45 PM Round 3 40K GT Mission-Pitched Battle Deployment
- 4:00 PM Round 4 40K GT Mission-Dawn of War Deployment
40K Day 2: Sunday June 3rd.
- 9:30 AM Check In.
- 10:00 AM Round 5 40K GT Mission-Spearhead Deployment
- 12:15 PM Lunch
- 12:45 PM Round 6 40K GT Mission-Pitched Battle Deployment
- 3:00 PM Round 6 Ends
- 3:30 PM Awards and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
The same mission will be played for each round of the GT.
The Mission will be using battle points. 3 objectives worth 4 battle points each for a total of 12 battle
All standard 40k mission rules are in effect (infiltrate, seize the initiative, random game length, etc.)
40K GT Mission: The mission is all three book missions played simultaneously, each mission is
an objective. There are 2 Capture and Control markers on 40mm bases, 3 Seize Ground markers on
25mm bases and Kill Points as objectives. Each objective is worth 4 battle points and tied objectives
worth 2 battle point.
Wipeout: If you manage to table your opponent you get 12 battle points
- Exchange army lists with opponent and explain units etc.
- Discuss Terrain.
- Roll off to see who deploys Seize Ground markers first. Winning player decides who places first or second. Whoever places the first marker will also place the 3rd marker and the other player will place the second marker. Seize Ground markers can be placed anywhere on the table at least 12 from table edge and 12 from each other.
- Roll to see who chooses to go first or second.
- Player going first places Capture and Control marker in their deployment zone and must be 12 away from a Seize ground Marker and vice versa.
- Begin Game, Have fun.
The first round will be random after that by similar battle points.
All, current codex's and White Dwarf armies (currently only Sisters of Battle) will be playable.
Forge World will be allowed on a case by case basis. Must use actual Forge World model or approved conversion. No proxies allowed. (no Super heavies or Gargantuan Creatures)
All models are expected to be WYSIWYG as much as is reasonable. Proxies are not permitted. However, counts as armies are acceptable and encouraged. Whats the difference? That can be a tough call to make in some cases. Judges will determine what is acceptable or not and all judgments are final. If you feel your army is questionable, contact a TO in advance to clear any confusion.
Proxies: Using Necron Warriors as Lootas in an Ork army, etc.
Counts As: Using Ultra Marines colored models with Blood Angels rules. Using custom Adeptus Mechanicus converted models with Daemon rules. The key is that everything is easily identifiable and appropriately equipped.
What to bring
- Your army.
- A rule book, army book, and game aids such as dice, etc.
- A copy of your list (Put name on list) for each opponent (6), judges, and yourself (8 total). You do not have to submit your list before the tournament. You are required to give each opponent a copy of your list before each game.
- 5 objective markers. Two of these must be on 40mm bases, the other 3 on 25mm bases.
- $200 1st Overall: 60% Battle Points 20% Painting 20% Sportsmanship (Ties broken by Sportsmanship)
- $100 2nd Overall: 60% Battle Points 20% Painting 20% Sportsmanship (Ties broken by Sportsmanship)
- $50 3rd Overall: 60% Battle Points 20% Painting 20% Sportsmanship (Ties broken by Sportsmanship)
- $50 Best Painted: At the end of round 5 players will assign 5pts,4pts ,3pts, 2pts and 1pt to each of their opponents, you cannot assign the same score twice. 5pts being the best and 1pt not the best. This does not mean all 5 opponents had nicely painted armies but it's a comparison. (Ties broken by Battlepoints)
- $50 Best Sportsmanship: At the end of round 5 players will assign 5pts,4pts ,3pts, 2pts and 1pt to each of their opponents, you cannot assign the same score twice. 5pts being the best and 1pt not the best. This does not mean all 5 games were not great but its a comparison. (Ties broken by Battlepoints)
Each participant will also receive a custom t-shirt, custom sports bottle and tournament recovery kit.
There will also be random door prizes given out each round.
Refreshments will be provided to tournament participants.
TO, Judge and Jury
dave_fay (this means you do not have to worry about me competing;p)